Project 2 is not just a project of 2014 because we started it in 2012 when we bought our first house. Yup! Project 2 is all about house projects! More specifically, house projects that have to do with preparing for our future child. NO, this is not a pregnancy announcement. You can bet this photographer is going to be a little more creative than that when the time comes 😉 But it’s no surprise that we’re heading into a season of infertility treatments so… yea.
These are HOPEFULLY in chronological order… obviously, things could change but this is the plan:
1) Hardwood floors in the living room, dining room, and hallway – this is technically more for my dogs to have before spring/summer starts because of fleas (YUCK but seriously, they were CRAZY bad this past summer… poor Benny) but it’s also important to me to have them for when we start having kids. Do you KNOW how nasty carpets are?! Never mind that though, ours is/was amazingly disgusting I CAN’T EVEN. I don’t want my babies on that mess.
2) Breakfast nook – necessary because I’d like to have just a small area to clean up after meals that’s over tile, as opposed to at our dining table that will be over the new hardwood. Also, there’s this open space over there in our kitchen. Yea.
3) Closet in nursery and office – when we renovated our master bedroom closet we actually expanded into the closet in the nursery. And baby will need a closet. So we’ll have to fix that. Don’t worry, floor plans will be included 😉
4) Replace the windows on the side and back of the house – our house was built in 1968 and the windows in the front of the are recently new but we’re still losing a ton of energy through the original windows. One of those windows is in the nursery.
5) Re caulk the hall bathroom tub – when we did the bathroom renovation this time last year we were at that point where we just wanted to get back into our house, so we hurried along the only thing standing in our way: caulking the bath tub. Needless to say, a year later, it looks like utter crap and probably won’t hold up to a splashing 9 month old. Nope.
6) And of course, decorating the nursery – but that won’t come until we actually find out what we’re having.
Even though we indeed have a ton more projects I’d like to do to this house, the above are just for baby and are things we’d like to complete in 2014 🙂