Studio Assistant Position Open!
I am SO excited to announce I am hiring a part time Studio Assistant to join the team! And it’s happening SOON! After much thought, prayer, and consideration, we have decided to expand our small team of two (myself and my husband, Neil), and link arms with someone who will add value to our lives and business. We are excited to move forward into the next phase of the business. Now that we are at maximum capacity, we are at the place where the workload is beyond my ability as one person. We have created the position of a Studio Assistant : a part-time position that will help to efficiently move our business forward.
Now, a little bit about us…
The Rachael Houser Photography brand serves joyful brides with professionalism, great communication, and personable interactions to give each couple we work with an amazing wedding photography experience. We are a husband and wife photography team based out of Paducah, Kentucky. We photograph weddings together, while I runs the at-home business and photographs all sessions. We are primarily wedding photographers, but I also takes a limited number of family-related sessions each year. In the studio, I work in a casual and comfortable atmosphere (ie: jeans and cozy tops). But don’t let it fool you… I work my tail off. It’s not just coffeehouse and pretty pictures; it’s serving our clients with everything we have to offer.
I love 1. Jesus, above all else 2. our two children, Graeme and Georgia 3. my husband, Neil 4. coffeehouse dates 5. Gilmore girls 6. all things Disney and Disney World 7. pizza & movie nights 8. traveling 9. Avett Brothers 10. listening to murder mystery podcasts and women ran business podcasts
A little about this position…
This position is an office position only, not a shooting position.
Applicants must be self-starters, motivated workers, and eager to learn. As a Studio Assistant, you will be involved in a variety of tasks: the daily work of a photography studio, corresponding with clients via email, scheduling appointments / sessions, fulfilling print orders, running personal and business errands, managing client files, and learning studio-specific software and tasks.
I am looking for someone to join our team year-round with this Studio Assistant position. If you are interested in this position, or if you have a friend that would be interested, please thoroughly read the guidelines below. The link to apply can be found at the bottom of this blogpost.
All Applications are due no later than January 13th, 2020.
I cannot wait to hear from you!
What we are looking for:
– Someone who loves a supportive role
– Someone who is highly organized
– A great work ethic is super important to us, as well as someone who loves to learn, can work and problem solve independently, and is very responsible
– Someone who is very familiar with Social Media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest
– Someone who loves music, coffee or tea, little dogs and cute kids
– Being a good writer is a bonus!
– Someone who values communication, feedback, and growth (personally and professionally)
– Someone who enjoys administrative tasks
– Someone who is comfortable interacting professionally with clients and vendors
Things you can expect from us, if you end up joining our team:
– Becoming proficient in WordPress, Trello, and Honeybook.
– The basics of using social media to grow an individual platform within a small business
– How to contribute to and interact with a small (and wonderful!) team
– Vendor relationships & networking
– What it takes to make client experience successful
– Constant feedback and encouragement
– 10-14 hours a week to start
– Mondays 10am – 4pm in person, plus additional hours on your own
– $11-$13/hour, depending on experience
– Must be local to Paducah KY
– Start date : February 17th, 2020
– This will be a position that is compatible with another part time job
– The interview process is very thorough and effective, so get ready to be very timely with your responses if selected to move forward!
If you have carefully read all of the above and would still like to apply, you may do so here!