1. What do you traditionally do for 4th of July?
Every year, the bay in which we live hosts their annual fireworks show: Thunder Over Eddy Bay. It takes place on the first Saturday of July. My family spends all of Saturday on the boat out on Lake Barkley, enjoys a nice big Fourth of July dinner, and then boats over and anchors right in front of Eddy Creek Marina, along with at least 80+ other boats. The fireworks show starts around the end of twilight and lasts 30 or so minutes. One of the longest I’ve ever heard of. During the fireworks we have our boat’s radio tuned to a local station that plays, in sync with the fireworks show, patriotic music. But you’ll want to anchor at least an hour before the show starts to get a good spot. Some boats are anchored in one spot the entire day just in case. We’ve never done with, though. While we’re waiting for the show to begin we eat my mom’s homemade butter pecan ice cream and other desserts brought by different people. We also chat with our friends and neighbors who have anchored their boat beside ours. We usually have one boat tied to our boat on the right and one tied on the left. After the show is over we’ll putt back home in the dark and spend an hour or so just enjoying each others company.
2. Did you follow your tradition this year? How did you celebrate yesterday?
We sure did! Saturday was our main day of Fourth of July celebration so this year Neil and I went to his parents’ house for a family lunch. Neil had to work last night so I worked at home enjoying the fireworks in the distance.
3. What’s the best fireworks show you’ve ever seen?
This year’s fireworks show at Thunder Over Eddy Bay was the best I can recall ever seeing.
4. Have you ever been injured by a firecracker?
Nope, but I’m girlie like that ;P
5. Burger, Brat, or Hot Dog?
6. Do you sport red, white and blue on our Independence Day?
Other than my white flip flops, I didn’t wear anything patriotic.
7. If you had to be from any country other than the USA, what country would it be?
I think I’d like Australia.
8. Charcoal or gas?
Charcoal for sure! I love the taste it leaves behind.
9. What’s your favorite thing about this fair country of ours?
10. God Bless the USA, My Country Tis of Thee, or the Star Spangled Banner?
How about The Battle Hymn of the Republic instead?